Here are the basics:
We leave about 11am on Saturday. Fly to Dallas then to Chicago then direct to Moscow. Arrive in Moscow 1pm Sunday Aug 31st. Monday morning we board a plane from Moscow to Tyumen. There we will get off the plane and meet with the Ministry of Education to have what we are calling "our job interview". This is where Ryan and I try to impress the heck out of the Russian government and convince them that we will be awesome parents for little RJ. (Yes, his name is still RJ until we can meet him and see his personality and name him properly.) We will stay in Tyumen that night and then the following morning (Tuesday am) drive to Tobolsk (about 2.5 hrs away) where the baby home is and get to MEET OUT SON!!! Oh Wow! I can't even type that without getting a little misty! Sorry - I strayed, back to basics!!
We are hoping to get to spend a majority of the day with him on Tuesday and then that night we will have to leave him (the part I am thoroughly dreading) to go back to Tyumen to spend the night and then the following morning (Wednesday) we will fly back to Moscow. Then the following morning (Thursday) we will board a flight for the long trip home. (Moscow to London to Dallas to home). Few - my fingers hurt from typing it God knows how our bodies are going to feel travelling it! But DANG is it worth it!!!
We are even more excited now and POSITIVELY more freaking out!!! On my honor as a friend and family member, I assure you that we will be posting as often as we have internet access and will update you on our progress. Shouldn't be that hard from Moscow, we are a bit concerned about Tyumen but I don't think we will have a problem.
Again, thank you for your prayers and thoughts!! They are still and always much appreciated. I spoke to Father on Sunday after Church and he has double finger crossies and prayers for us so that has to be a good sign, right?? Blessings to all! Perhaps the next post will be from Russia!!!
1 comment:
YEAH!!!
We are soo excited for the two of you!! Goodness, only a few more days and you'll be holding that little Angel!! I bet the minutes seem like hours for you guys! Hang in there! Our thoughts and prayers are with you two every step of this journey! We love the blog idea, that way all of us from "far, far away" can still keep in touch!! Love you guys!
Kate, Mike and the little monkeys!! :)
Post a Comment